Frequently Asked Questions.
Why is partnering with the American Heart Association so important?
- Heart disease is the nation’s #1 killer.
- Stroke is the fourth-leading cause of death.
- Our children are developing significant health issues that can shorten life expectancy.
How much money did North Park raise last year?
- As a building, last year we raised $5,767.11.
When will North Park’s Jump Rope for Heart event take place?
- During physical education class the week of February 9th-13th.
Are all students required to participate?
- All students will participate in the jump rope activities during PE the week of the 9th.
- Participation in the fundraising is voluntary.
When are donation packets due?
- The fundraising deadline is Friday, February 13th.
What are these silly incentives the kids keep talking about?
- If our school raises $5,000, Ms. Kieren will teach PE wearing a princess dress for a week.
- If we raise $6,000, the students will earn NO UNIFORM FRIDAYS for the rest of the year.
- If we raise $7,000, Ms. Kieren will be doused with slime at a celebration assembly by the student who raises the most money. · The classroom that raises the most money will earn a sledding party.
- The #1 student fundraiser will be principal for a day.\
What’s up with all the ducks?
- Throughout the fundraising, the students have the opportunity to earn individual prizes based on how much money they raise. There are 3 ducks that can be earned instantly:
- Splatter Quacky Duck – Earned when a student receives $5 in donations. Bring the coupon found in the envelope signed by a parent/guardian to Ms. Kieren to receive Quacky.
- Ninja Duck – Earned when a student receives their first online donation. Ms. Kieren gets an e-mail notification when a student earns this duck.
- Ms. Cool Duck – Earned when a student raises $75 in online donations. Ms. Kieren gets an e-mail notification when a student earns this duck.
When will the kids receive the other prizes?
- As soon as Ms. Kieren sends all the donations to the American Heart Association, the AHA will calculate the totals and ship out the prizes. This can take up to 2-3 weeks after the donations have been turned in to the American Heart Association.
What happens if someone makes a cash donation?
- The American Heart Association will not accept cash donations. If there is cash or change in your student’s envelope, please write a check to the American Heart Association to take its place.